Request for Qualifications: Notice of Funding Availability for FY2017
Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
Econometrica, Inc., a research and management organization located in Bethesda, MD, is requesting qualifications from firms and individuals interested in participating in our application to a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for Fiscal Year 2017 posted by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD). The NOFA is a technical assistance (TA) and capacity-building initiative that includes multiple HUD program offices, including CPD, the Office of Housing, and the Office of Public and Indian Housing.
|Funding Opportunity Title:||HUD Community Compass Technical Assistance and Capacity Building Program|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-6100-N-06|
More information from HUD regarding the NOFA can be accessed through the following link: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=296470.
RFQ Submission Deadline: Thursday, September 21, 2017, at 5 p.m. ET.
In accordance with 2 CFR Part 200, Sections 200.317 through 200.326, Econometrica is providing in this RFQ a description of the technical requirements of functions to be performed or performance required, including the range of acceptable characteristics or minimum acceptable standards.
1. Qualifications and Experience Required
HUD’s Community Compass initiative is designed to help HUD customers navigate complex housing and community development challenges by equipping them with the knowledge, skills, tools, capacity, and systems to implement HUD programs and policies successfully.
Therefore, Econometrica is searching for qualified firms and individuals who can provide experience and skills in the following HUD programs, policies, systems, and initiatives:
- Affordable housing, mixed finance (including Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Rental Assistance Demonstration), and homeownership.
- Community and economic development and disaster resilience.
- Public housing operations and programs, including public housing accounting, Moving to Work, and Section 3.
- Choice Neighborhoods.
- DRGR, IDIS, LOCCS, SPEARS, PNA, and EPIC.
- Supportive housing and services.
- Housing preservation, tenant participation, and capacity building.
- Policy Development and Research (PD&R).
- Fair housing, procurement, Davis-Bacon, energy and environment, and other cross-cutting requirements.
2. Evaluation Criteria
All submissions received will be reviewed against the following selection criteria:
- Experience and Technical Qualifications: The extent to which each respondent demonstrates skills and abilities related to the description above and acceptable past experience with Econometrica, as applicable.
- Rate Reasonableness: The extent to which rates are considered reasonable compared to the respondent’s experience and qualifications, market prices, and any rate limitations imposed by HUD. Before assigning a funded task, rates must be determined to be fair and reasonable. Respondents must be able to provide evidence of their past pattern of compensation. This evidence includes customary rates, including rates on nongovernment contracts or Cooperative Agreements.
- Debarment/Suspension Check: Potential consultants found to be suspended or debarred from Federal Government business will not be solicited for or awarded task orders. This status is verified by searching the System for Award Management: https://www.sam.gov.
- Small Business: Econometrica is committed to utilizing small disadvantaged businesses, minority-owned firms, American Indian- and Alaska Native-owned firms, veteran-owned firms, and women’s business enterprises whenever possible.
All consultants will be selected in compliance with the procurement procedures and standards codified in 2 CFR 200. Selection of consultants will be competitive, as required by 2 CFR § 200.320.
3. Qualified Applicants
Qualified individuals and organizations may be included in Econometrica’s application to the NOFA. Those included may also be asked to assist with providing expert knowledge in areas of the application response.
Important Note: As required by the NOFA (Section III, Eligibility Information), any firm included as part of Econometrica’s application to this NOFA may not submit its own application to the NOFA. However, subcontractors and consultants may be included as such in more than one application.
Qualified individuals and organizations included in Econometrica’s application will be notified in the event that Econometrica is awarded a Cooperative Agreement under this NOFA. The anticipated award date is October 2017, with an estimated start date of November 2017 and a 36-month period of performance.
Being qualified and completing a signed quote/commitment or teaming agreement does not guarantee that the individual or firm will receive a funded assignment. Because HUD utilizes a demand-response system to provide TA under Cooperative Agreements, Econometrica does not know at the time of application and will not know at the time of award the activities that it will be asked to carry out over the period of performance. In the event of a fully funded award, Econometrica will issue Task Order Assignments for services under the Cooperative Agreement and will consider those individuals and organizations included in Econometrica’s application to the NOFA as prequalified for these consulting services. However, these prequalified individuals and organizations will not preclude additional individuals and organizations from qualifying during the new solicitation period.
When HUD requests services as part of the Cooperative Agreement, Econometrica will respond with staff members and consultants qualified to provide the services being requested based on Econometrica’s determination concerning expertise, availability, rates, location (if a requirement), and other factors. Any specific work assigned to a consultant will be detailed in a Task Order Assignment from Econometrica outlining specific actions required to meet the programmatic needs specified in the assignment received from HUD.
4. Instructions for Submission
To respond to this RFQ, please complete the online Skills Form at https://econometrica.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eIPol7yM03qEwp7 and email your resume to FY2017NOFA@EconometricaInc.com. Please use the subject line “Your Name – NOFA 2017.” The online Skills Form must be completed in its entirety, including the first page, which requests the following information: (1) full legal name; (2) “doing business as” name, if applicable; (3) customary hourly rate;* (4) address; (5) phone number; (6) email address; and (7) three (non-familial) professional references.
*Due to HUD restrictions on consultant hourly rates, Econometrica may need to request additional documentation and rate justification from a consultant to provide to HUD for approval.
Questions and Inquiries
To submit questions regarding this RFQ, please email FY2017NOFA@EconometricaInc.com using the subject line “Your Name – NOFA 2017 Questions.”
Inquiry Deadline: September 18, 2017, at 5 p.m. ET.
Questions received after September 18, 2017, will be responded to at Econometrica’s discretion.
View Related Posts
Econometrica is proud to be a member of the Road to Zero Coalition.
Econometrica is pleased to continue our 20-year anniversary celebration with donations to two organizations that will plant trees on parklands.
Econometrica held its 2018 Partner Day on April 5 to connect partners to each other and to show our partners the services we offer.