About Econometrica, Inc.
We are researchers and experts helping our clients make informed decisions using advanced analytics. We tackle challenges with innovative methods, research tools, and strategy to improve the quality of life. Whether examining policies to provide the best patient care, rebuilding housing communities, or analyzing the merits of space exploration, we apply hard work and dedication to each of our projects!
Econometrica, Inc., has an immediate opening for a temporary Technical Editor.
- Edit proposals and contract deliverables in support of Federal Government contracts for grammar, content, style, and readability.
- Perform various levels of editing, from light copy editing to substantive content editing, skillfully and diplomatically working with internal clients (proposal teams, project managers, etc.) to clarify meaning and suggest revisions.
- Expertly apply style and formatting guidelines to documents.
- Produce hardcopy proposals and deliverables, as needed.
What You Can Bring to the Table
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 to 5 years’ general editing experience working with technical reports, research papers, and other documents.
- Meticulous approach to editing all documents, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Substantive experience in Microsoft Word and proficiency in other Microsoft Office tools such as PowerPoint and Excel; familiar with higher-level Word functions and the use of tracked changes and document styles.
- Proficiency in editing according to established style guidelines as well as project-specific guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and excel in a team environment.
- Highly organized and able to meet established deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2 to 3 years of experience editing Government proposals and/or contract deliverables.
- Knowledge of Section 508 compliance for Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat file formats.
- Ability to read and understand Government Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and to assess compliance of proposals with RFPs.
- High level of proficiency with the Government Printing Office Style Manual.
- Ability to work occasional long hours and weekends as needed to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
This is a full-time position located in Econometrica’s Bethesda, MD, office, though occasional remote work is acceptable. The work environment is a standard office setting with fluorescent lighting. When onsite, the employee is required to work in either a cubicle or office with a quiet or moderate noise level.
The physical requirements are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Other instructions and related duties may be assigned by the employee’s supervisor.
Econometrica, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives.