Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
SUMMARY: The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing support of all daily functions of the accounting processes including payroll, accounts receivable/payable, This position will report up to the Accounting Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Experience working with FFP, T & M and CPFF Contracts
• Review payments from contracts to A/R and general ledger accounts;
• Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
• Experience with Job Cost accounting
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Excel required
• Minimum three plus year of experience using; Deltek/GCS Premier or Cost Point preferred and or a time keeping software
• Knowledge of ADP.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Ability to be trusted with confidential information..
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, elated major preferred or 3 years of accounting experience
• Previous experience working for a federal contractor preferred.
• Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office