Job Title: SAS Programmer/Analyst
Department: Data Analytics Group
Supervision: Group Director
About Econometrica, Inc.
We are researchers and experts helping our clients make informed decisions using advanced analytics. We tackle challenges with innovative methods, research tools and strategy to improve the quality of life. Whether examining policies to provide the best patient care, rebuilding housing communities, or analyzing the merits of space exploration, we apply hard work and dedication to each of our projects
Serve as a quantitative expert by formulating and developing innovative approaches to solve our clients’ most challenging business, technology and system integration problems. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of data analysis and quality. He/she will analyze data collection plans and coordinate various data systems, implement data collection, processing, and analysis tactics, and provide consultation on design of data processing systems, which includes specifying needed output, required input and the methods of validation and quality control. This candidate will successfully collaborate with Census Bureau customers, researchers and project stake holders.
This position will:
- Apply knowledge in machine learning, data mining and natural language processing to create innovative solutions to our clients’ most challenging business and technology problems.
- Collaborate closely with epidemiologists and clinical investigators to determine study design and formulate analysis plans. Consult with non-technical audiences to develop high quality client deliverables as well as effectively communicate the results to stakeholders.
- Create and maintain documentation for generated work products.
- Design and implement validation tests for analytical products created by research staff. Provide SAS programming and troubleshooting support when needed.
- Provide project support including serving as a team member on project assignments
Education & Qualifications
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience using SAS, including base SAS, to conduct advanced statistical analyses.
- 3+ years of experience using SAS, including base SAS, to conduct advanced statistical analyses.
- Ability to write highly efficient SAS programs using advanced procedures, macros and arrays.
- Experience with advanced expertise in a broad range of statistical techniques, including experimental design, hypothesis testing, and multivariate regression.
- Experience with database tools and SQL for data manipulation, aggregation, and
- Experience using UNIX based systems.
- Proficiency in a scripting language, such as Python or R.
- Experience in using Business Intelligence (BI) and visualization tools, such as Tableau.
- Knowledge about the regulatory and economic analysis industry.
- Base SAS Certification.
- Developing effective relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- Participate in customer and departmental meetings
- Ability to participate in company engagement activities
- Support development of new Regulatory and Economic Analysis and related business opportunities, including activities related to expanding activities outside direct Census Bureau support.
- Experience with manipulating large complex databases to track and evaluate patterns related to healthcare or other business processes.
- Experience with managing projects in a consulting environment, including identifying requirements, determining priorities, tracking and resolving issues.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
- Project management skills and experience with increasing levels of complexity and responsibility
Additional requirements of the position could involve occasional travel relevant to the responsibilities noted above.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics or other similar quantitative field.
- Experience in developing applications using machine learning and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP) tools.
The successful candidate will support all Business areas of Econometrica. We are looking for a SAS programmer, ideally with economic and statistical skill sets. He or she may work on diverse assignments, including: