Job Title: Python Programmer/Analyst Junior to Mid-Level Position
Department: Data & Analytics Group
Supervision: Group Lead
About Econometrica, Inc.
We are researchers and experts helping our clients make informed decisions using advanced analytics. We tackle challenges with innovative methods, research tools and strategy to improve the quality of life. Whether examining policies to provide the best patient care, rebuilding housing communities, or analyzing the merits of space exploration, we apply hard work and dedication to each of our projects.
The successful candidate will support the Data & Analytics Division of Econometrica. We are looking for a full-time, experienced Python/Spark programmer. Expertise in an of the following additional areas is a plus:
- SAS/R/STATA programming, under Windows and/or Unix.
- Statistical analyses.
- Database development.
This position does require on-site work at a client site in Suitland, MD. Econometrica’s main office is located in downtown Bethesda.
Education & Qualifications
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Python programming and associated features and their applications, including use and development in Spark.
- Conduct team-based quality assure on code developed
- Create/acquire tools to improve programming efficiency or quality.
- Validate work of other programmer/analysts.
- Create/review programming plan and specifications for datasets.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent communication skills and substantial writing experience, including experience with grant or proposal writing.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must have data analysis experience.
- Active security clearance is a plus.
- Experience with census data sets is a plus, including
- U.S. Census data products.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics.
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on, relevant career experience with phython programming.
Our Generous Benefits Package Includes:
- Being a part of a dynamic research group which continues to grow.
- Discount health club membership.
- Company-sponsored health care plan and optional vision/dental coverage.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Discount garage parking.
- Referral bonuses.
- 401(k) Program.
- Discount rental car service.
- Organized social activities.
- Metro Smart Benefits® Program.
- Bagels and donuts on Friday mornings.
The physical requirements are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job requires the employee to sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time, read a computer monitor, listen to phone calls, type on a keyboard, and lift up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Other instructions and related duties may be assigned by the employee’s supervisor.
Econometrica, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives.