About Econometrica, Inc.
We are researchers and experts helping our clients make informed decisions using advanced analytics. We tackle challenges with innovative methods, research tools, and strategy to improve the quality of life. Whether examining policies to provide the best patient care, rebuilding housing communities, or analyzing the merits of space exploration, we apply hard work and dedication to each of our projects!
We are looking for mid-level graphic designers to support a variety of government-agency based proposals, curriculum development and contracts.
Econometrica’s Graphic Designer will be able to create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inform or create captivating messages based on content. You will have the opportunity to develop the overall layout and production design for proposals, contract deliverables, and business development collateral.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop graphic designs based on content and will work with and include input and collaboration from team members, subcontractors, and vendors to produce the final product. This position comes with the opportunity to carve out a new leadership role within the company and is perfect for someone looking to grow in their area of expertise and express their entrepreneurial spirit.
- Work with Graphics Manager to determine the scope of a project.
- Recommend strategies to reach a particular audience.
- Determine the message the design should portray.
- Create images that identify services or convey a message.
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout.
- Present the design to Graphics Manager and or Project Team. Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design.
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them.
- Launch Social Media Campaigns (Facebook, Blogs and Twitter)
- Website Administration (maintain and recommend updates)
What You Can Bring to the Table
- Understand and strictly follow client style, branding, and guidelines.
- Ensure efficient and effective print and multimedia design and layout of print and web publications in accordance with Section 508 accessibility standards.
- Work to develop a clear understanding of project visual communication requirements and develop design "roughs" (sketches), illustrations, and infographics.
- Prepare comprehensive designs and layouts using design elements in photography, illustration, computer-generated imagery, and text for print and electronic publications.
- Layout a variety of publications including training curriculum, marketing collateral, business proposals, and brochures.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- 100% proficient in English; an additional language highly desirable.
- Strong visual arts design skills with experience using industry-standard tools, including Adobe CS software, content management systems, and AV software.
- Ability to work with MS Office (Word, PPT, Excel).
- Experience with file-sharing platforms such as Google Drive, Box, or DropBox.
- Ability to liaise effectively with executive team, project teams and external clients.
- Strong organizational experience that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Incumbent hired will have a demonstrated ability to coordinate and/or take on multiple projects simultaneously from concept to launch to distribution and to marketing/promotion.
- Ability to handle multiple work assignments and collaborate well with colleagues under extreme deadline pressure.
- Must be comfortable with taking initiative, able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking, and make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or equivalent experience.
- Certifications in Graphic Design, Desktop Publishing, or related field.
- Three (3) or more years' experience working in media arts, laying out publications, designing graphics, and working in multimedia.
Our Generous Benefits Package Includes:
- Being a part of a dynamic research group that continues to grow.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Company-sponsored healthcare plan and optional vision/dental coverage.
- 401(k) program.
- Metro SmartBenefits® program.
- Discount garage parking.
- Discount health club membership.
- Discount rental car service.
- Referral bonuses.
- Organized social activities.
The office is located in beautiful downtown Bethesda at a Metro stop within walking distance of great restaurants and local fare. We have a typical office setting with a quiet-to-moderate noise level.
The physical requirements are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Other instructions and related duties may be assigned by the employee’s supervisor.
Econometrica, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives.