Graphic Designer and Website Manager
About Econometrica, Inc.
We are researchers and experts helping our clients make informed decisions using advanced analytics. We tackle challenges with innovative methods, research tools, and strategy to improve the quality of life. Whether examining policies to provide the best patient care, rebuilding housing communities, or analyzing the merits of space exploration, we apply hard work and dedication to each of our projects!
We are looking for a mid-level Graphic Designer and Website Manager to support a variety of Government agency-based proposals, curriculum development, and contracts.
Econometrica’s Graphic Designer and Website Manager will be able to create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inform or create captivating messages based on content. You will have the opportunity to develop the overall layout and production design for proposals, contract deliverables, and business development collateral.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop graphic designs based on content and will work with and include input and collaboration from team members, subcontractors, and vendors to produce the final product. This position comes with the opportunity to carve out a new leadership role within the company and is perfect for someone looking to grow in their area of expertise.
The candidate also will work with the Communications Team Manager to redesign the company website using WordPress and maintaining the site as new content becomes available. Work would include taking inventory of the current site and developing new features and pages to give the site a coherent look.
Finally, the candidate would contribute to Econometrica’s social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. The ideal candidate will be able to drive engagement and analyze trends to improve outreach.
- Graphic design:
- Work with the Graphics Manager to determine the scope of a project.
- Recommend strategies to reach a particular audience.
- Determine the message the design should portray.
- Follow and adhere to branded guidelines for color, images, text styles, and layout.
- Incorporate input from the Project Team and/or clients into the final design.
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them.
- Website administration (maintain and recommend updates):
- Conduct a website redesign in WordPress.
- Update website content as necessary, as needed.
- Ensure the website remains current with latest company information.
- Provide trainings for current staff on WordPress.
- Monitor, assess, and report on website performance.
- Handle online marketing projects ranging from SEO to social media marketing
- Launch social media campaigns (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and blogs):
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Work with project teams on project-related social media requests.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc.) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Strong visual arts design skills with experience using industry-standard tools, including Adobe CS software, content management systems, and AV software.
- Must be able to use Adobe InDesign software to complete design projects
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with file-sharing platforms such as Google Drive, Box, or Dropbox.
- Experience and knowledge of design in WordPress and web publishing.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and analytics.
- Understand and strictly follow client style, branding, and guidelines.
What You Can Bring to the Table
- Strong knowledge of formatting long documents using style sheets.
- Ensure efficient and effective print and multimedia design and layout of print and web publications in accordance with Section 508 accessibility standards.
- Work to develop a clear understanding of project visual communication requirements and develop design “roughs” (sketches), illustrations, and infographics.
- Prepare comprehensive designs and layouts using design elements in photography, illustration, computer-generated imagery, and text for print and electronic publications.
- Excellence in laying out a variety of publications, including training curriculum, marketing collateral, business proposals, and brochures.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to liaise effectively with the executive team, project teams, and external clients.
- Strong organizational experience that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and coordinate multiple work assignments and collaborate well with colleagues under extreme deadline pressure.
- Must be comfortable with taking initiative, able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking, and make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or equivalent experience.
- Certifications in Graphic Design, Desktop Publishing, or related field.
- 3 or more years of experience working in media arts, laying out publications, designing graphics, and working in multimedia.
Our Generous Benefits Package Includes:
- Being a part of a dynamic research group that continues to grow.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Company-sponsored healthcare plan and optional vision/dental coverage.
- 401(k) program.
- Metro SmartBenefits® program.
- Discount garage parking.
- Discount health club membership.
- Discount rental car service.
- Referral bonuses.
- Organized social activities.
The office is located in downtown Bethesda at a Metro stop within walking distance of great restaurants and local fare. We have a typical office setting with a quiet-to-moderate noise level.
Note: During the COVID-19 pandemic, Econometrica employees are fully working remotely. Work will return to an office setting when workplace restrictions are lifted.