Job Title: Economist/ Statistician Health Experience/local candidates
Department: Data Analytics Group
Supervision: Data Analytics Group Manager
About Econometrica, Inc.
We are researchers and experts helping our clients make informed decisions using advanced analytics. We tackle challenges with innovative methods, research tools, and strategy to improve the quality of life. Whether examining policies to provide the best patient care, advising on housing finance strategies, or analyzing the benefits of space exploration, we apply hard work and dedication to each of our projects.
We are looking for an economist with strong analytical skills to join our team. A self-motivated individual with leadership and entrepreneurial spirit will be the best fit to support the growth of the company. The successful candidate will support all of the business practices within Econometrica. He or she may work in a variety of areas, including supporting Government agencies in the areas of health, transportation, energy, homeland security, and finance on diverse assignments including:
- Econometric modeling and estimation, including forecasting.
- Design and estimation of cost–benefit analyses.
- Design and estimation of economic impact evaluations.
- Statistical analyses.
- Risk modeling.
- Unintended consequences analyses.
- Analytic findings interpretation and communication.
We assist in the policy-making process for our clients by developing analyses of impact, unintended consequences, and of costs and benefits associated with diverse governmental policies, including regulatory and deregulatory actions. We also develop and maintain databases, perform economic forecasting and modeling, and conduct program impact evaluations, among other tasks.
The ability to obtain an active security clearance is required for this role.
Education & Qualifications
Minimum Skills and Experience
- D. or M.A./M.S. in Economics, Finance, Statistics, or other related disciplines.
- If a Ph.D., a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience with economic, policy, and/or data analysis. If a M.A./M.S., a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical program and familiarity with others, including SAS, R, Stata, and Python. SAS or Stata experience would be a definite asset.
- Ability to write and explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; substantial writing experience, including experience with grant or proposal writing.
- Ability to handle areas of delegated responsibility independently, initiate action, and follow through.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 3–5 years of experience working in a consulting firm or with the Federal Government.
Our Generous Benefits Package Includes:
- Being part of a dynamic research group that continues to grow.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Company-sponsored healthcare plan and optional vision/dental coverage.
- 401(k) program.
- Metro SmartBenefits®
- Discount garage parking.
- Discount health club membership.
- Discount rental car service.
- Referral bonuses.
- Organized social activities.
- Bagels and donuts on Friday mornings.