Housing & Community Development Staff Favorites
In recognition of National Book Month and the many reading related events celebrated in October, members of Econometrica’s Housing and Community Development Group put together a short list of some of their favorite reads related to their sector. Check these recommendations out below and let us know your favorites!
- The Death and Life of Great American Cities, by Jane Jacobs.
- City Limits, by Paul E. Peterson.
- Dream Hoarders: How the American Upper Middle Class Is Leaving Everyone Else in the Dust, Why That Is a Problem, and What to Do About It, by Richard Reeves.
- Toxic Inequality: How America’s Wealth Gap Destroys Mobility, Deepens the Racial Divide, and Threatens Our Future, by Thomas M. Shapiro.
- There Goes the ’Hood: Views of Gentrification from the Ground Up, by Lance Freeman.
- Neighborhoods and Health, by Ichiro Kwachi and Lisa F. Berkman.
- Root Shock: How Tearing Up City Neighborhoods Hurts America and What We Can Do About It, by Mindy Fullilove.
- The Rise of the Creative Class, Revisited, by Richard Florida.
- Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City, by Matthew Desmond.
- The Baltimore Rowhouse, by Charles Belfoure and Mary Ellen Hayward.
- Tally’s Corner, by Elliot Liebow.
- Classic Essays on the Culture of Cities, Richard Sennett, ed.
- The Urban Villagers, by Herbert Gans.
- The Social Order of the Slum, by Gerald Suttles.
In recognition of National Book Month and the many reading related events celebrated in October, members of Econometrica’s Housing and Community Development Group put together a short list of some of their favorite reads related to their sector.
View Related Posts
BETHESDA, MD – The CDC Foundation awarded Econometrica a contract to create e-learning courses focused around a variety of global tobacco control topics. This new partnership will strengthen country-level capacity in using data to inform policies on global tobacco...
BETHESDA, MD – Econometrica has formed a dedicated Clinical Practice Team consisting of healthcare professionals from a variety of healthcare disciplines. The addition of this team augments the technical capabilities of Econometrica’s Health Group to provide expertise...
Econometrica actively stands with the Black community, our colleagues, their families, and clients in the fight against racism, injustice, and inequality.